Re: C++11 now default?

From: LachlanA
Subject: Re: C++11 now default?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 16:54:38 -0800 (PST)

Greetings all,

This is probably an uncommon case, but recently my notebook was in for
repairs and I had to use a 2005 notebook, with 512MB of RAM.  I installed
the oldest versions of all software I could to keep the memory use down.  I
was able to compile a CLI version of Octave (though linking was basically
impossible due to thrashing).

It is common to use Linux on outdated hardware, though that is perhaps an
extreme, and I think it is nice to keep Octave's minimum requirements low.

Also, I think Homebrew uses -Wc++11-extensions.  Will this change trigger
those warnings?

Cheers,
Lachlan