Re: C++11 now default?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: C++11 now default?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:44:27 -0500

On Feb 23, 2016, at 11:55 AM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

On 02/23/2016 05:34 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: C++11 now default?
From:
Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
Date:
02/23/2016 05:34 AM
To:
John Eaton <address@hidden>
CC:
Rik <address@hidden>, address@hidden, Mike Miller <address@hidden>
Message:
8

> After adding "-std=gnu++0x -std=gnu11 -std=gnu++14” to CXXFLAGS, I’m able to build.
>
> I'll experiment to see which of those did the trick.
>
> Ben
Adding "-std=gnu11 -std=gnu++14” to CXXFLAGS is sufficient for me.

Ben
Ben,

Does clang really need -std=gnu++14?  The documentation at http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/memory says that unique_ptr is a part of the 2011 standard.  Now it may be that clang does not implement the full 2011 standard--that seems to be the case since the autoconf macros did not detect that you had a 2011-compliant compiler.  The piece of code getting used, std::autoptr, is valid until 2017 so it may be that sometime in the next year clang will be updated to be 2011 compliant.

—Rik

Yes. Without -std=gnu++14 I got an error. I can try again and provide specifics if you like.

Ben