Re: OCTAVE_HELP vs HELP_OCTAVE

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: OCTAVE_HELP vs HELP_OCTAVE
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:48:49 -0500

On 02/25/2016 04:40 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

These should be
symbols that are either features that have been enabled or
characteristics of the system that won't change.

To be clear, by that I mean characteristics that won't change from the system where Octave is built to the system where it is installed.

So I think something like HAVE_FAST_INT_OPS could be defined in octave-config.h because that is a characteristic of the type of machine for which Octave is compiled.

But HAVE_OPENGL shouldn't be because although the system where Octave is installed would need to have OpenGL for Octave to run properly, it may not have everything necessary to build software that requires OpenGL headers and libraries.