Re: octave forge package windows 1.2.3 released

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: octave forge package windows 1.2.3 released
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 11:36:13 +0000

Quoting John Donoghue <address@hidden> on Tue, 1 Mar 2016 06:12:01 -0500:

On 03/01/2016 03:33 AM, Richard Crozier wrote:
On 29/02/16 18:36, JohnD wrote:
Hi,

Version 1.2.3 of the windows package [1] has been released.

The Windows package provides a subset of the Matlab COM interface to
GNU octave for Windows users, allowing users to control applications via
OLE automation services.

This release is a bugfix/documentation release, allowing the windows
package to compile from octave 4.0.0, provide help documentation for the
functions, and some initial tests for testing the package.

Enjoy!

JohnD

[1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/windows/

quick question, can this be installed using

pkg install windows -forge

?

Thanks, Richard

Yes, it should behave as all other packages

pkg install -forge windows
and then
pkg load windows
to use it

ok, thanks, I only ask as I was under the impression the windows builds required the packages to be precompiled for them, e.g. using the mxe build system, and in general couldn't be installed this way (I could just try it, but don't have a windows machine and am asking more for the benefit of colleagues).

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.