Re: gplot.txt

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gplot.txt
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 20:12:07 -0500

> On Mar 1, 2016, at 3:07 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Mar 1, 2016, at 15:04, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> On Mar 1, 2016, at 11:02, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> 3/1/16
>>>
>>> Ben,
>>>
>>> Things can get weird when tinkering with the build system, and jwe has been
>>> doing a lot recently to improve it.  One way to test things cleanly is to
>>> get rid of all the cruft in your source tree and try a fresh build.
>>>
>>> I do
>>>
>>> make maintainer-clean
>>> hg stat -u -i > unknown.list
>>> #look through unknown.list and delete things you don't need like leftover
>>> .o object files.
>>> bootstrap
>>> configure
>>> make
>>>
>>> However, a quicker test is to update your source repository and then clone
>>> it to a new directory.  That will get you only the files under version
>>> control, and skip all the cruft.
>>>
>>> cd octave-src
>>> hg pull
>>> hg update
>>> cd ..
>>> hg clone octave-src octave-tmp
>>> cd octave-tmp
>>> bootstrap
>>> configure
>>> make
>>>
>>> --Rik
>>
>> Good idea. I tried the first approach, but the problems persist. I'll try a
>> fresh archive next (just to be sure)
>>
>> Ben
>
> Oops, I spoke too soon. The gui runs for me now! :-)
>
> Ben

Building default still runs into trouble in doc/interpreter. The first
seg-fault occurs for gplot.txt. It tracked the problem to speye().

speye(10)
panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
save to 'octave-workspace' complete
Segmentation fault: 11

Ben

Ben