Windows regexp problem

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Windows regexp problem
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:01:32 +0000

I have a user on windows using the 4.0.0 release who is getting an error like this:

error: regexp: PCRE does not support \L, \l, \N{name}, \U, or \u at position 4 of expression

The offending regexp is something like:

^C:\Users\ <SNIP> \tb-xfemm_v1_6\mfemm\\.\.\cfemm\libfemm\liblua\lapi\.o$

I've redacted some to protect their privacy, but could provide it off list if needed. The missing bit is just the rest of the file path.

The error occurs in a file mmake.m (which is an mfile implementation of a subset of gnu make functionality). If interested you can find it here:

https://github.com/mbauman/mmake

I get no such error on Linux, so I'm wondering if this is a bug, or known limitation of the underlying regex library on windows, googling leads me to this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3538293/php-regular-expression-pcre-does-not-support-l-l-n-p

Thanks,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.