Re: gplot.txt

From: Rik
Subject: Re: gplot.txt
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 10:37:38 -0800

On 03/01/2016 05:12 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

>>> Good idea. I tried the first approach, but the problems persist. I'll try a
>>> fresh archive next (just to be sure)
>>>
>>> Ben
>> Oops, I spoke too soon. The gui runs for me now! :-)
>>
>> Ben
> Building default still runs into trouble in doc/interpreter. The first
> seg-fault occurs for gplot.txt. It tracked the problem to speye().
>
> speye(10)
> panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
> attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
> save to 'octave-workspace' complete
> Segmentation fault: 11
Ugh.  So is the code to create the problem as simple as this?

make
./run-octave
speye (10)

If so, I'm going to have to suggest bisecting.  You know the tip is broken,
I would try going back to 623fc7d08cc6 as the first possible working
revision.  jwe has done a lot in liboctave recently to revamp the
factorization classes and there have necessarily been some changes to
sparse matrices.

--Rik