GSOC 16, Improvements to N-dimensional image processing

From: Muhammad Omer Saeed
Subject: GSOC 16, Improvements to N-dimensional image processing
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 01:39:40 +0100

Dear All,

My name is Muhammad Omer Saeed and I am a masters student at the University of Bonn in Germany, specializing in computer vision and graphics. I have been using Octave (and MATLAB) for the last 3 years for my various University projects in numerical computing, image processing and computer graphics (implementing different algorithms and rendering). I am quite interested in the project idea 'Improvements to N-dimensional image processing' for GSOC 16 particularly because it relates closely to my field.

I wanted to ask what should be my steps for becoming a successful candidate for this project idea in GSOC 16? Are there any bugs that I should try to fix to show my understanding in m-files and C++? What should be the content of a successful proposal for this project idea? I am looking forward to a reply. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Omer Saeed