[GSoC16] Seeking guidance regarding project idea

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: [GSoC16] Seeking guidance regarding project idea
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 17:48:53 +0530

Hello,

I am Abhinav Tripathi, B.Tech 3rd Year student from India. I have been using octave for the past 1 year and would like to work on one some project during and after this GSoC.

I was looking into implementing matrix exponential for the past few days. But, I found that it already is implemented in octave. I'm still waiting for response on irc for this.

.

Otherwise, I found 2 projects that interest me:

1- Symbolic Package -- Went to the github page, installed it and found out (from the issues) that there are a lot of functions which can be written into it. So, it interested me.

2 - Interval Package -- Although i couldn't find any missing functions on the package page. But, it seemed to be a project where I could implement some mathematical functions.

.

Please provide some guidance about any of the 2 projects. I am willing to submit a few patches before GSoC if anyone could point me in the right direction.

.

Regards,
Abhinav