Re: gplot.txt

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gplot.txt
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 18:08:05 -0500

> On Mar 4, 2016, at 8:44 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Good catch, but deleting NULL pointers is valid in all
>>> standards-compliant compilers, and some people advocate that rather
>>> than checking for NULL first.  See the discussion at
>>>
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4190703/is-it-safe-to-delete-a-null-pointer#4190737
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Lachlan
>>
>> I tried bisecting again. The results I got is below. Many changes needed to
>> be skipped because the default branch wouldn’t build on Mac OS X.
>>
>> Due to skipped revisions, the first bad revision could be any of:
>> changeset:   21210:4f7d3989c462
>> user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
>> date:        Sat Feb 06 07:43:32 2016 -0500
>> summary:     move UMFPACK_DNAME and UMFPACK_ZNAME macros to oct-sparse.h
>>
>> changeset:   21211:2cf8bc5c7017
>> user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
>> date:        Sat Feb 06 08:48:47 2016 -0500
>> summary:     use "#if defined (HAVE_FOO)" instead of "#if HAVE_FOO" for
>> feature tests
>>
>> changeset:   21212:7eca4ba9bb6d
>> user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
>> date:        Sat Feb 06 19:18:59 2016 -0500
>> summary:     also distribute octave.css from source tree
>>
>> changeset:   21213:f7d1050b9b53
>> user:        Rik <address@hidden>
>> date:        Sat Feb 06 18:22:32 2016 -0800
>> summary:     maint: Clean up various usages of #ifdef.
>>
>> changeset:   21214:7be1f58f9dd7
>> user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
>> date:        Sun Feb 07 02:03:58 2016 -0500
>> summary:     don't strip pipe character from command in drawnow function
>>
>> changeset:   21215:04866fac690a
>> user:        Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
>> date:        Sun Feb 07 02:21:37 2016 -0500
>> summary:     use template keyword to handle dependent template names
>>
>> I’ll try Dan’s patch (since I’m using Apple’s clang, and they often don’t
>> conform to other “standards”. Then I’ll try backingout the above changes
>> until I find the culprit.
>>
>> Ben
>
> Dan's patch didn't resolve the speye segfault. I'll move on to the changesets
> isolated by bisecting.
>
> Ben

I was unable to confirm the bisecting results, so I went through the process
again. This time, I single changeset was implicated. I haven’t had time to
examine it yet.

hg bisect --reset
hg bisect init
hg bisect --bad 67d2965af0b5
hg bisect --bad a223cce1daa4
hg bisect --bad 76e0ef020dae
hg bisect --good 53bded18aba6
hg bisect --good 2d7f658daa58
hg bisect --good f5b17eb2508b
hg bisect --good 54527108599a
hg bisect --good 7cac4e7458f2
hg bisect --bad  538b57866b90
hg bisect --bad  623fc7d08cc6
hg bisect --bad  623fc7d08cc6
The first bad revision is:
changeset:   21137:623fc7d08cc6
user:        Rik <address@hidden>
date:        Sat Jan 23 17:44:57 2016 -0800
summary:     maint: Clean up compile warnings in liboctave from cset
7cac4e7458f2.

Ben