GSOC-2016 Introduction

From: Aditya Manglik
Subject: GSOC-2016 Introduction
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 16:20:03 -0000

Hello
I am Aditya Manglik, undergraduate at BITS Pilani. I wish to participate in GSOC 2016 under GNU-Octave by implementing the project "Improve logm, sqrtm and funm functions". I am open to executing other ideas as suggested/required by the community.
I am interested in mathematics and have executed projects related to Genetic Algorithms and am currently working on the Traveling Salesman Problem(alternate heuristic solutions).
My current skillset includes C/C++ programming, version control(Git), proficiency in Octave and MATLAB, LaTeX and familiarity with the GNU/Linux development environment. I am highly motivated and willing to give my 100% as part of this contribution to the FOSS community.
Please tell me the required milestones that should be completed before the application period so as to prove my ability to handle this project.
My Github profile has source code for some projects executed so far:
https://github.com/adityamanglik