Re: "features" problems

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: "features" problems
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 22:30:16 +0000

On 10 March 2016 at 22:21, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> I recently changed the layout of the structure returned by
> octave_config_info.
>
> Instead of writing
>
>   octave_config_info ("features").JAVA
>
> I recommend writing
>
>   __have_feature__ ("JAVA")
>
> as that will work with the new and old structure layouts.

Should we make use of this private and internal functions outside core?

And since octave_config_info() was not a private function, if we want to
change this, should we not deprecate "features" first?

The whole point of not using a private function is that their behaviour will
not change suddenly.

Carnë