help identifying easy-to-fix bugs

From: Mike Miller
Subject: help identifying easy-to-fix bugs
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:04:46 -0800

Hi maintainers community,

The Octave bug tracker contains a lot of open bugs that need specialized
knowledge or deep understanding of the Octave internals, but there are
also a lot that could be worked on by new contributors.

If you know of any bugs that fit this description, including those in
Forge packages if you like, or if you have time to browse through the
bug list to find some, please add links to the bugs on the wiki page

  http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects

under the "Prepare a changeset" heading.

I plan to do the same the next time I make a pass through the bug
database.

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on what to search for, which
is why we need this list in the first place ;)

Thanks,

--
mike