Re: GSOC 16, Improvements to sqrtm,logm and funm

From: Mudit Sharma
Subject: Re: GSOC 16, Improvements to sqrtm,logm and funm
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:26:53 +0530

Well, I have tried the mft toolbox, one can test it by
the command "mft_test " , it is clear by seeing the code
of mft_test.m that certain functions are missing from Octave
which are called by the "mft_test" command/file and thus
results in errors like
error: 'superiorfloat' undefined near line 201 column 45
I have the funm code for Octave which I pasted in the mft folder after
which errors related to funm disappeared.
In short octave is missing some more functionality to run mft toolbox.

Will a GSoC project be possible in this area?

- Mudit

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 12:40 +0530, Mudit Sharma wrote:
> >For example, how much more work is there before the `mft_test` command
> >available here passes on Octave? How about making it pass with speed
> >comparable to Matlab?
>
> Does this mean writing the mft toolbox scripts as C codes?
> Since speed is achieved easily by it.

Well, it would be C++, not C, since we don't generally do C. But
regardless, does it already work at all with Octave code? I tried for
a few minutes with what I could find and it didn't work. Did you make
it work?

- Jordi G. H.