Re: Testing sqrtm

From: Mudit Sharma
Subject: Re: Testing sqrtm
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 12:49:18 +0530

I get it now. One cannot use the standalone option
in this case.So,I followed the steps given here:
http://www.schoeps.org/home/2015/06/five-simple-instructions-to-compile-octave-4-on-ubuntu/
and the error I am getting now is :
configure: error: to build Octave, you must have the PCRE library and header files installed

Even after installing PCRE with : sudo apt-get install pcregrep I'm still
getting the same errors
Can you give a way to tackle this ? To which header files does this error correspond to ?

I have started working on my proposal after your advice, would you like to see
a draft ? Also can you send me a template for the final application.

- Mudit

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 5:23 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2016-02-28 at 23:21 +0530, Mudit Sharma wrote:
> I am testing the sqrtm function as a stand alone
> and thus receiving the errors:
> octave:>mkoctfile --link-stand-alone sqrtm.cc
>
> fatal error: errwarn.h: No such file or directory
>  #include "errwarn.h"
>                      ^
> compilation terminated.
>
> I need to change some code in sqrtm and for this I need
> to compile the changed sqrtm code, not as a standalone.

You would need to compile all of Octave. Then you modify sqrtm.cc and
re-run make.

Have you ever built Octave? It will be a necessary step if you are
interested in GSoC.

- Jordi G. H.