Re: "features" problems

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: "features" problems
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 04:11:56 +0000

On 19 March 2016 at 22:36, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just a hint, maybe some start is, having all Octave Forge packages
> under one directory, doing a grep search for octave_config_info
> there. I have only a few packages installed, but some show up in the
> search, among others with "api_version".

That is a good idea.  I prepared a super octave forge repository [1] to
make this easier.  Most of it seems to be in the configure.base file of
old packages and are leftovers from when there was no pkg.

There are still many other cases though.  A very common case seems to be
finding the location where the arch dependent directory of a pkg is
installed.  I guess that means pkg describe should return that [2] (at the
moment only the arch independent is returned by pkg list).

Carnë

[1] http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/octave-forge
[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47491