Re: Changes in configure for Octave 4.0.1?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Changes in configure for Octave 4.0.1?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 23:26:36 -0700

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 20:53:10 +0200, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> Well, I've investigated a little bit and I've found the problem, but I
> can't explain why the configure doesn't work. Yesterday I installed
> julia, which has as a dependency in Debian Sid the package (among
> others) libopenblas-base. This package makes their BLAS and Lapack
> libraries as default, as it can be seen using

I also have libopenblas-base installed and configured as the default
libblas.so.3.

Do you also have libopenblas-dev installed and configured to provide
libblas.so?

> Anyone has problems compiling Octave when the openblas-base from
> Debian is present?

FWIW, I always build with --with-blas=blas. This builds Octave against
the libblas.so symlink (which is the reference BLAS on my system), but
at runtime it uses the configured libblas.so.3 which is OpenBLAS.

I have not yet tried building with libopenblas-dev installed, but I will
try if I get a chance.

The exact error message from config.log is often more useful than just
what configure puts out on stdout.

--
mike