Re: optim, struct, parallel: pre-release check on Windows?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: optim, struct, parallel: pre-release check on Windows?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:54:56 +0900 (JST)

> From: Olaf Till

> To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> Cc: "octave-maintainers
> Date: 2016/3/31, Thu 16:29
> Subject: Re: optim, struct, parallel: pre-release check on Windows?
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 03:28:48PM +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>>  I have installed parallel and struct. (optim is already installed
>>  for 4.0.1 on windows).
>>
>>  I ran __run_test_suite__ of each package.
>
> Thanks a lot, I'll look into this.
>
> I'm also interested in potential build issues with current tip
> revision, because there were some which I didn't expect. In
> particular, I'd like to know if building parallel with
> --disable-cluster works and parcellfun.m and pararrayfun.m are
> installed as expected. Sorry, no integrated test, but here is one to
> just check if it works:
>
> res = pararrayfun (4, @ (x) x, 1:15)

Done

>> res = pararrayfun (4, @ (x) x, 1:15)
error: failed to open pipe: pipe: not supported on this system
error: called from
    parcellfun at line 163 column 5
    pararrayfun at line 80 column 26

One of the possibility to treat "pipe" fuction on windows is to use gnulib.
 http://www.hep.by/gnu/gnulib/pipe.html

As you know octave itself uses gnulib so that
you could ask the developer to include "pipe"in the octave gnulib supports.

Tatsuro