Re: error: cellfun: C must be a cell array

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: error: cellfun: C must be a cell array
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 11:51:17 -0400

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Jeff <address@hidden> wrote:
Doug Stewart <doug.dastew <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I did on ubuntu 15.10 and
>  hg id
> 85dfb551e4cd tip  <at> default
>
> (today's build)
> and got
>

> pkg update
> error: cellfun: C must be a cell array
> error: called from
>     get_forge_pkg at line 72 column 14
>     pkg at line 562 column 27
> >> pkg list
> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
> --------------+---------+-----------------------
> >>

> From a different question I see this answer:
>
> This non-obvious error message means that you are trying to install a
> package that doesn't exist:
>
>   >> pkg install -forge nosuchpackage
>   ## same error
>
> So I have sci_cosim installed and it is not yet on -forge.
>
> Is this why I get this error message.
> Should pkg update be smarter and only do the names that are on -forge?
> Doug
>
> --
> DAS

What was the fix? I'm trying to install my first package in Octave (installed
the latest version yesterday). I have no idea where I'm going wrong.  As far
as I can tell, the image file name must be wrong but i've tried different
packages and different variations for the file extensions.  PLEASE HELP!

My machine is running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.3

in the Octave command window i get...

>> pkg install -forge io-2.4.1.tar.gz
error: cellfun: C must be a cell array
error: called from
    get_forge_pkg at line 72 column 14
    get_forge_download at line 26 column 12
    pkg at line 393 column 29

Thanks,
Jeff

If you  use -forge then only put the name  and not the version.
pkg install -forge io

is what you want

--
DASCertificate for 206392