Re: pipes in Octave on Windows?

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: pipes in Octave on Windows?
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 00:32:36 +0200

Mike Miller wrote:
On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 22:36:36 +0200, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
OK I also confirmed this to fail on Windows 7.

(BTW I couldn't build the octave...xz file in mxe-octave; mxe-octave first
complained about a failing patch (in mxe-octave). After removing the
offending patch the cross-build run but broke somewhere halfway.
So I just applied the cset you attached to a development tree and
cross-built that.)

Any other suggestions I could try to help get pipe() going on Windows ?

Did you happen to try in octave-cli to see if there's any difference?

Failing that, looks like gnulib won't help, that's all I can contribute.

Not not yet (didn't think of it), but now that you mention:

 >> [a, b] = pipe ()
a = -1
b = -1

so no luck :-(