New nfft package

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: New nfft package
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 13:41:22 +0200 (CEST)

Dear maintainers,

NFFT (https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~potts/nfft/) is a C library to perform the Nonequispaced FFT, released under GPL2. It has a Matlab interface (through mex). With a small patch to the configure script, I was able to install it in Octave. I also created a simple package. When you install it, the patch is applied and the library is compiled together with the Octave interface. You can test the correct installation by running one of the four test files (m-files) provided by the library. At this point, if you know how to use the original C library or the original Matlab interface, with this package you can use it in Octave, too.

If you think it can be interesting for Octave, I would like to post the package on https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/ (I think I need some authorization).

Best regards,

Marco