Re: regarding location of Matlab compatible polygon functions

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: regarding location of Matlab compatible polygon functions
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:32:21 +0200

Olaf Till wrote:
There may be unexpected future problems if a function is in a
different OF-package than that which corresponds to the Matlab toolbox
with that function. E.g. this occurs to me:

If a Matlab toolbox is turned into a package (with package prefix) --
or are some toolboxes already in packages? -- its functions may be
called with the package prefix.

Sorry, can't follow. Can you elaborate and give a real example?

Does Octave support support package "prefixes"? I know of the installation prefix subdir; but calling a function with a "package"-prefix is new to me.

Furthermore, are you talking about official TMW-created Matlab toolboxes? Is it allowed to turn proprietary toolboxes into packages?

Or do you refer to user-made toolboxes from Matlab-Central? In the latter case it looks ridiculous to have to follow non-official toolboxes.

Well, I'm curious... Matlab compatibility elevated into unforeseen dimensions ;-)

Philip