Re: regarding location of Matlab compatible polygon functions

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: regarding location of Matlab compatible polygon functions
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:07:46 +0200

I think the 'mockery' covers a real issue - we don't know why Matlab choose a certain organisation; sometimes there may be marketing reasons to create a need for an update or for additional packages, or an internal staffing reason rather than logic.

On Apr 13, 2016 10:09, "Olaf Till" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 10:32:21PM +0200, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
> Olaf Till wrote:
> >There may be unexpected future problems if a function is in a
> >different OF-package than that which corresponds to the Matlab toolbox
> >with that function. E.g. this occurs to me:
> >
> >If a Matlab toolbox is turned into a package (with package prefix) --
> >or are some toolboxes already in packages? -- its functions may be
> >called with the package prefix.
> Furthermore, are you talking about official TMW-created Matlab toolboxes? Is
> it allowed to turn proprietary toolboxes into packages?

With 'packages' I meant, as I said, packages with a package prefix (in
a directory whose name starts with '+'). And I meant that TMW
themselves could turn these toolboxes into such packages.

> Well, I'm curious... Matlab compatibility elevated into unforeseen
> dimensions ;-)
Please drop any mockery.

Olaf