Re: optim, struct, parallel: pre-release check on Windows?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: optim, struct, parallel: pre-release check on Windows?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:00:53 +0200

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 07:15:22PM +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 21:30, Olaf Till wrote:
> >I'd like to request a release for packages 'optim', 'struct', and
> >'parallel' in the next days.
> >
> >If any of these packages should be planned to be cross-built for
> >Windows, it would be nice if this would be tested _before_ the
> >release. The known bugs in this context are supposed to be fixed.
> >
> >('parallel', optionally used by 'optim', is also supposed to be
> >buildable on Windows, with configure switch --disable-cluster.)
> >
> >Olaf
> >

> Hi Olaf,
> are you referring for parallel to a 3.0.5 version ?

Yes, that what should become version 3.0.5

> The current 3.0.4 on cygwin does not build completely,
>
> $ ls *oct
> __exit__.oct  fload.oct  fsave.oct
>
> Due to some issue with configure.

Yes, that was so.

> I tried with the latest repository and something breaks
> when building documentation:
>
> ./munge-texi.pl MFDOCSTRINGS pconnect.cc.docstrings pserver.cc.docstrings
> sclose.cc.docstrings reval.cc.docstrings precv.cc.docstrings
> psend.cc.docstrings select_sockets.cc.docstrings
> network_get_info.cc.docstrings network_set.cc.docstrings
> parallel_generate_srp_data.cc.docstrings fload.cc.docstrings
> fsave.cc.docstrings __exit__.cc.docstrings select.cc.docstrings
> __visglobal__.cc.docstrings < ../doc/parallel.txi > ../doc/parallel.texi
>
> invalid doc file format
>
> No clue which of the file is not recognized.

In a release, the documentation will be pre-built. But testing the
latest repository seems hindered by this issue ... Maybe you can, for
testing, just remove 'doc' from the line 'all: doc $(octs) $(ms)' in
'src/Makefile.in' ? Then the additional package documentation will not
be tried to be built. (Tracking down why building it doesn't work
would be a bit more work ...)

And, if you should succeed, you could test if parcellfun works with
something like:

octave:1> a = parcellfun (2, @ (x) x, num2cell (1:10))
parcellfun: 10/10 jobs done
a =

    1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9   10

Thanks,

Olaf