Re: Re: octave-4.0.1-installer-w64-3

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Re: octave-4.0.1-installer-w64-3
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 08:15:09 -0700

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 23:15:56 +0900, address@hidden wrote:
> I also would like to know the reason why the official site does not
> distribute 64bit binary for windows.

I don't know, but maybe because MinGW32 is more well known and well
tested than MinGW64? Maybe because most of the testing was done on
32-bit Windows?

> However, the GPL allows to distribute binary under its license. I
> decided to distribute unofficial 64bit binary for windows under their
> license.

I think everyone is grateful to you for taking this initiative. I hope
it is useful to users and that it gets enough testing that we will have
more confidence and be able to release a 64-bit official installer with
version 4.2.

> I hope that my unofficial 64bit binary is helpful to find the issues
> spcific to 64bit architecture  and also hope that my activation leads to
> the release of the official 64 bit binary.

I hope so too.

--
mike