Re: ODE check and set functions

From: Jacopo Corno
Subject: Re: ODE check and set functions
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 10:41:45 +0200

Dear Francesco,

On 15/04/2016 22:46, Francesco Faccio wrote:
Dear all,

I have prepared two functions that check and set the options of an ODE solver.

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8979

Thanks for your patch, the code looks way better now!

These functions are written for ode23 and ode45, but I would like to improve and use them for a generic ODE solver, so I would really appreciate if someone could give me some suggestions.

If you want to try exploiting this code also for other solvers I suggest you clone the development code for odepkg [1] and try modifying the solvers available there.
Maybe you could try with one of the solvers with non standard options (MaxNewtonIterations, NewtonTol, etc...) such as the geometric integrators.

Once you have made your modifications you need to create an "odepkg_dev.tar" and do "pkg load odepkg_dev.tar" in octave. This will load the package and add the ode/private folder to your path.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Francesco Faccio

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.
Best,
Jack

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/odepkg/ci/default/tree/

--