RE: Interested in maintaining the gsl package.

From: Steven Wasserbaech
Subject: RE: Interested in maintaining the gsl package.
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 21:56:35 +0000

Hello and thank you for your reply.  I apologize for my slow response.

I'm not really having an issue with gsl.  I found some instructions online and
I managed to make gsl work with Octave 3.6.2.  I'm not sure whether it could
work with Octave 4.  I feel it is a kind of moral imperative that these
functions be conveniently available in Octave, so I think gsl needs to be a
maintained package that can be installed effortlessly.

I will try to use your first suggested method of working, and I'll let you know
if I have trouble.  Are you aware of any particular issues that need to be
fixed before gsl can run with Octave 4 and be an "official" package?  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Steve