Re: Interested in maintaining the gsl package.

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Interested in maintaining the gsl package.
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 07:34:59 +0200

Le 19/04/2016 23:56, Steven Wasserbaech a écrit :
I'm not really having an issue with gsl.  I found some instructions online and I managed to make gsl work with Octave 3.6.2.  I'm not sure whether it could work with Octave 4.  I feel it is a kind of moral imperative that these functions be conveniently available in Octave, so I think gsl needs to be a maintained package that can be installed effortlessly.

I will try to use your first suggested method of working, and I'll let you know if I have trouble.  Are you aware of any particular issues that need to be fixed before gsl can run with Octave 4 and be an "official" package?  Thank you.

(Please use bottom-posting when replying to this list.)

Hi Steve,

There is an open ticket for gsl since January 2014 on the package release tracker: https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/83. Some issues can readily be identified from the discussion there.  As you can see, Nik Krakauer and Carnë Draug were the ones active in this discussion at the time.

There are also some open bug reports on the bug tracker:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=46442
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=39309

@++
Julien