Re: let's keep printf, puts, and scanf

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: let's keep printf, puts, and scanf
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 10:31:11 -0400

On 04/21/2016 04:23 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

So if there are no objections, or an unmistakably no, I will come up
with a reduced version of the cset, only making puts, fputs, printf and
scanf (not deprecate) M-files next week.

The way things are now, an error in printf will display the function name "printf". If you change printf to be an M-file wrapper around fprintf, errors will display the name "fprintf" unless you make a lot of other changes to make error reporting work correctly for these wrapper functions. So I'd say please just leave this alone. It's worked fine for probably more than 20 years and I don't see any need to change it now.