Re: deftypefn or defun (deffn)

From: Rik
Subject: Re: deftypefn or defun (deffn)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 11:02:02 -0700

On 04/21/2016 10:27 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Ok, this sounds like a working procedure to me. If outputs are
relevant deftypefn with empty category otherwise use deffn.

This is the advantage of Octave-Forge.  Packages can be more daring than the core, which must be more conservative and move more slowly.  My point was that it looks like the maintenance burden would be smaller if a single style, whatever it is, were chosen.  But beyond that it's the package author's decision what to do.

--Rik