Re: Help strings in the text body of the manual

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help strings in the text body of the manual
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:38:54 -0400

On 04/26/2016 09:27 AM, Pantxo Diribarne wrote:
How about adding a "Function Reference" subsection at the end of each
major section as proposed by Lachlan? In order to have a taste of the
result, I can provide a minimal patch for the plotting section.

That's certainly the easy way out. As I said earlier, and in spite of what actually happened, the original goal was to avoid having long lists of docstrings. So if that's what is there now, the real problem is that we are missing the supporting text that describes the features and provides motivation for the set of functions that are grouped together in a particular section of the manual.