SOCIS 16 - Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems

From: Cris
Subject: SOCIS 16 - Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:25:37 +0200

Dear all,
I made a proposal for the GSOC16 but I was not accepted, then I want to propose myself for the SOCIS-16 for the same project "Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems".

My GSOC proposal and the discussion in the octave mailing list is in the thread
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2016-04/msg00080.html

Since my proposal was rejected for the GSOC, I would like to know if there is something wrong, missing or something to do to improve it, if it is possible.

If you are interested to see the topics that I studied and worked on, I attach my bachelor thesis https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Wk65-0JfmrN1FFRDIwYU9jMjg and the codes that I made (inspired from the gmres already implemented in Octave) for this thesis
 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Wk65-0JfmrSzJWOGtVU0NpZjA

Actually I'm working to improve the patch that I've already submitted (that can be found in the previous thread) and I want to implement the check of the input also for the other algorithms mentioned in the project: pcr, bicg, bicgstab, cgs and qmr (I think that it will be ready in some days).

Best regards,
Cristiano Dorigo