Re: Find Implementation of functions in octave source

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Find Implementation of functions in octave source
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 13:58:51 -0400

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 23:22:25 +0530, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> Hi,
> I cloned octave from mercurial and was looking to find the files where
> addpath and rehash are defined. I looked into many of the files but didn't
> get anything related.
> Can anyone pls help to point me in the right direction.

Take a look at the files libinterp/corefcn/load-path.{cc,h} to start.
The load_path class and load_path::dir_info nested class contain the
details of how the path is stored and searched. Look for "DEFUN" which
marks functions that are callable from the Octave interpreter.

> Also, it would be helpful if there might be some sort of doc explaining the
> structure of octave source files.

The best we have at the moment is the doxygen-generated documentation,

  http://octave.org/doxygen/4.1/

Aside from that, unfortunately, the source is its own documentation. But
if you feel like contributing doxygen markup to make the source easier
to navigate, that would be highly appreciated.

--
mike