Re: improvements in function kmeans.m

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: improvements in function kmeans.m
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 15:11:04 +0100

On 6 May 2016 at 13:53,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried a few times to open an account for creating a bug/patch ticket, but
> still I have not received the email from you for verifying the email
> address. In that case I send you the modification in the attached code along
> with a test-case. For the attached test-case the modified code runs x 120
> faster, depending on the data-size. Thank you.
>
> On 12 April 2016 at 22:29, wrote:
>> I used recently the function "kmeans" and I made a few changes in the code
>> that make it faster (at lease 2.8 times) and improve the convergence
>> criterion. I would like to send these modifications to you if you like.
>> Please you may let me know how to do that.
>
> You should open a bug or patch report at the octave tracker [1]. Then,
> to actually submit a patch, the possible ways are, in order of "ideality":
>
> 1. have a clone of the statistics package somewhere from where we can
> import your changes;
> 2. attach a cset file with your changes [2] which we can import with hg;
> 3. attach a simple patch file;
> 4. attach your modified kmeans function file.
>
> Carnë
>
> [1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave
> [2]
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset.html

I am sorry you have been having trouble creating an account on savannah,
this should not have been a problem.  We also support people to anonymously
submit bug reports and patches.

Anyway, I have attached your modified versions to the existing bug report [3]
and your email to the CC list for that bug only.  You should be able to reply
to any query there without an account.

Carnë

[3] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?43959