Encoding of documentation for GUI browser (Windows)

From: Rik
Subject: Encoding of documentation for GUI browser (Windows)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 10:30:43 -0700

5/6/16

I'm using my own MXE compiled binary on a Windows XP VM.  When I look in
the documentation, everywhere the @code Texinfo element is used I get weird
characters.

-- Windows --
The ‘plot’ function allows you to create simple x-y plots with linear
axes.  For example,
-- End Windows --

On Linux, the same text in the GUI browser is

-- Linux --
The ‘plot’ function allows you to create simple x-y plots with linear
axes.  For example,
-- End Linux --

Anybody know how to fix that?  It sure seems like a character encoding
issue.  Also, is anybody else seeing that or is it just me?

--Rik