Re: PATCH for Re: exiting embedded mode gracefully

From: Matt Flax
Subject: Re: PATCH for Re: exiting embedded mode gracefully
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 08:11:21 +1000

Yep, that works !

static void local_exit(int){}
void (*octave_exit) (int) = local_exit;

thanks
Matt

On 10/05/16 01:14, Mike Miller wrote:
On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 16:40:03 +1000, Matt Flax wrote:
Hi there,

I have attached a patch which makes it possible to cleanup octave without
exiting the process.
It is pretty simple, just exposed the function do_octave_atexit for linking.

This allows the exiting of octave without killing the process or sleeping
for days ! As it just exposes the function for linking against, it doesn't
alter the inner workings of the current exit methodology.
We're probably unlikely to accept this, but feel free to use it
yourself. More acceptable would be a new function to do the cleanup
without exiting.

Alternatively have you tried setting the octave_exit function pointer to
a no-op function or a function that calls pthread_exit? It's already
made a public part of the API and by my reading it should do what you
want.