Re: Need test of patch for OS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Need test of patch for OS X
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 22:27:10 -0400

> On May 9, 2016, at 9:09 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Could someone who is building the development version of Octave on OS X
> systems please try the attached patch and let me know if it works? First,
> Octave still needs to build, and second, I need to know the results of
> running the following tests after building with it:
>
>  test javachk
>  test usejava
>  cd to the libinterp/octave-value directory in the source tree
>  test ov-java.cc
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwe
> <ov-java-diffs.txt>

test javachk
***** testif HAVE_JAVA
 assert (javachk ("jvm"), "");
!!!!! test failed
ASSERT errors for:  assert (javachk ("jvm"),"")

  Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
     .            O                      Expected string, but observed struct

test usejava
***** testif HAVE_JAVA
 assert (usejava ("jvm"), true);
!!!!! test failed
ASSERT errors for:  assert (usejava ("jvm"),true)

  Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
     ()           0            1         Abs err 1 exceeds tol 0

test ov-java.cc
***** testif HAVE_JAVA
 assert (javaObject ("java.lang.Short", 40000).doubleValue < 0);
!!!!! test failed
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries/libjvm.dylib:
 failed to load:
dlopen(/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries/libjvm.dylib,
 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries/libjvm.dylib:
 mach-o, but wrong architecture

Ben