Re: Help in building pytave

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Help in building pytave
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 12:12:49 -0700

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 15:47:16 -0700, Colin Macdonald wrote:
> On 13/05/16 10:29, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> > I guessed that I should somehow make the *.oct files in pytave directory
> > available to octave and hence I copied them to bin directory of the
> > octave in '/opt/'... But, still I am not able to call any py* function
> > from octave.
>
> That sounds like a bad idea to me.  After starting Octave, I've just
> been using
>
> >> addpath /home/cbm/src/pytave.hg
>
> (replace the path with wherever your pytave source is).

Yes, as the `make` command prints when it finishes building,

  * run an Octave session with py* functions
    octave --path="$(pwd)"

You can replace that with --path=/some/dir/with/oct/files to point to
wherever your compiled oct-files are that you want to use. Or, use the
addpath function in Octave as Colin showed.

--
mike