Re: Octave kernel for Jupyter

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: Octave kernel for Jupyter
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 13:43:27 +0200

Didnt Jordi have a notebook-type project at OctConf?

On May 16, 2016 12:46, "Julien Bect" <address@hidden> wrote:
Le 16/05/2016 11:55, Sebastian Schöps a écrit :
Julien Bect-2 wrote
Has anyone tried the "octave kernel" [1] for Jupyter [2] ?

The example [3] looks nice, but I don't know how mature it is...
I found your post from July last year. I am considering to use Jupyter for
an online lecture. Did you play with the octave kernel since then? I am
asking because I might have to switch from Octave to Python language if
there is no proper support for Octave in such tools :(

No, I haven't really tried to use it myself.

Please give some news in this thread if you try to use it.

There has been some activity lately on th github repo (https://github.com/Calysto/octave_kernel/commits/master), mainly someone named Steven Sylvester (https://github.com/blink1073), perhaps could you ask him about the current status of this Octave kernel for Jupyter ?

@++
Julien