Writing tests for data.cc

From: Dag
Subject: Writing tests for data.cc
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 05:42:31 -0700 (PDT)

I found a page that addresses the issue of missing tests in C++ files (
http://wiki.octave.org/Add_BIST_tests_for_octave_functions_written_in_C%2B%2B
<http://wiki.octave.org/Add_BIST_tests_for_octave_functions_written_in_C%2B%2B>
). I am thinking of writing tests for lots of functions. I just managed to
compile the file data.cc with tests for the function iscomplex(). These
tests include primitive data types (int, complex, single, double), matrices,
cell arrays, structs, etc, as you can see below. This should be rather
comprehensive.

Lots of the functions in the file data.cc mirror functions in the C++
standard library. Do you know where I can find tests for the C++ standard
library in Linux? I might get some ideas from there.

Anything else to think of?