Re: Help in Building octave on ubuntu 12.04

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Help in Building octave on ubuntu 12.04
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 11:04:28 +0000

> Configuring with the argument CXX="g++ -std=gnu++0x" would be a useful
> test to see if we can still work with 4.6.

Hmm. I was actually looking for this. I'll try it tomorrow and share the result.

when I did this I get the following:
.
checking for g++ -std=gnu++0x option to enable C++11 features... unsupported
checking for g++ -std=gnu++0x option to enable C++98 features... none needed
.
Also I tried c++0x instead of gnu++0x but still the same... Although I succesfully tried a program with unique_ptr when I pass the -std=c++0x flag.. Probably octave checks for C++11 features by trying out some other feature not supported in C++0x.
.
Also, I installed gcc 4.8 and configured using --without-OSMesa which worked perfectly...
But then I couldn't build pytave because of some problem in numpy.
.
I got the error that some header file could not be found. it was some numpy header. I installed python-dev python-numpy cython python-scipy. But, still the same error.
Mike, any suggestions?

Abhinav