Re: Control fields

From: Pantxo Diribarne
Subject: Re: Control fields
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 11:37:00 +0200

On 28 May 2016 at 12:57, Pantxo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The help list is better suited for this kind of "usage" questions. Anyway,
> as explained in the docstring for the "edit" function, if you want to change
> the email in the default header of new functions, you have to do something
> like:
>
>   edit email address@hidden
>   edit myfunction.m
>
> This works as expected.

Help list.
I was unaware of that.
Thanks.
I tried it works.
But if I want to set this as default for all my function files.

Can you help in that regard?

--
Pritika Malhotra
https://pritika20.wordpress.com/

I added the help list in cc.
You can add any such default setting in a startup script. See https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Startup-Files.html#Startup-Files

You can locate and edit your main startup file e.g. as follows:

  cd %In Octave "cd" without any arg. leads you in your home directory
  edit .octaverc

Then place here any command you wish to have executed at startup and save .octaverc, e.g.:

  disp ("Hello!")
  fact ()
  edit email address@hidden

Pantxo