Alternative to Source Forge for Octave Packages (Was : Re: pdepe)

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Alternative to Source Forge for Octave Packages (Was : Re: pdepe)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 13:22:34 +0000

On 29 May 2016, at 18:04, Nikola Yuroukov <address@hidden> wrote:
> What security issues do you anticipate with the automatic test system?

Carlo de Falco-2 wrote

On 29 May 2016, at 21:13, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
> I suggested exactly this idea at octconf based on my experience with
> homebrew but people did not like it.... no real releases, not free enough
> etc.

I believe an aggregator such as that used in http://pkg.julialang.org/ would
overcome
most of those objections, also I was thinking about using BitBucket instead of
GitHUB
to leave more choices in terms of VCS to package developrs.

Anyway, feedback from others on the list would be appreciaed on this topic so
I'm moving
this discussion to a different thread.

c.