Re: Alternative to Source Forge for Octave Packages (Was : Re: pdepe)

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Alternative to Source Forge for Octave Packages (Was : Re: pdepe)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 09:28:44 +0000

On 31 May 2016, at 08:03, Nikola Yuroukov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I looked at BitBucket this morning and it seems to me that they have support
> for Git and Mercurial and nothing else.
AFAIK, on the other hand, GitHUB only allows GIT, so this means BB offers twice
as many options as GH ...

> Also they seem to want money for more than 5 users in a project.
> What do you think about that?

This one may not be too strict a constraint as each package would be a separate
project...
Yet, if you can research other hosting options and make a detailed comparison
that would be probably useful.

It would be also great if we could develop a system that is not tied to one
specific hosting site,
so that we don't get stuck in the future as we currently are with SF ...

> Regards,
> Nikola

Thank you very much,
c.