Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 01:59:44 +0530

Hi,
I started trying to build PyTave on windows. I used cygwin as I didn't know about any alternatives.
I had to install many packages at first (it was a fresh cygwin install)...
My octave on windows was installed at "e:/octave-4.0.0/"
.
When I do: "./configure OCTAVE_CONFIG=e:/octave-4.0.0/bin/octave-config.exe"
I got that linking with octave was failed. And the setup showed that "octave development packages" were not found.
I change the address of config file with "cygdrive/e/octave-4.0.0/bin/octave-config.exe" but got the same result.
.
Then I installed "octave-devel" package using "apt-cyg". On my 2G internet it took more than 3 hours and downloaded tonnes of packages and even install octave in cygwin (/bin/octave).
.
So, now I gave '/bin/octave-config' as the config file. (Although I think that I should not use this as octave is supposed to be installed on windows and not cygwin).
I still get the same error...
.
Any pointers as to how to proceed? Or any other methods to try this out (except cygwin)?
.
I have pasted the whole configure output (which is nearly identical for all 3 things that I tried)...:

Abhinav address@hidden /cygdrive/e/My_Repos/pytave
$ ./configure OCTAVE_CONFIG=/bin/octave-config
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for g++ option to enable C++11 features... -std=gnu++11
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to enable C11 features... -std=gnu11
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -std=gnu11 -E
checking for mkoctfile... mkoctfile
checking for octave-config filename... specified /bin/octave-config
checking for Octave library path... /usr/lib/octave/4.0.1
checking for Octave include path... /usr/include/octave-4.0.1/octave
checking whether linking to Octave works... no
configure: WARNING:
Can not link with Octave.

Make sure the Octave development package is installed.
configure: error: in `/cygdrive/e/My_Repos/pytave':
configure: error: unable to find Octave development files
See `config.log' for more details
.

Abhinav