Re: Octave for OS X (was: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave for OS X (was: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite)
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 22:50:32 -0400

On Jun 7, 2016, at 9:48 PM, edmund ronald <address@hidden> wrote:

Does anyone here have any GPL-related legal, ideological  or personal objection to my code-signing an OS X binary and distributing it?

Which is the version of the GPL that applies?

BTW, as most here realize, Apple's security architecture is going to create a bunch of headaches with any native Mac distribution - it's going to be a Red Queen situation, with the Mac maintainers running to keep in place ie. keep their binary compatible as Apple's rules change.

Edmund

Can you give us a quick explanation of “code-signing”? Any reason why we can’t do that ourselves and distribute via SourceForge?

Octave uses GPLv3.

Ben