Working on bvp4c

From: lakerluke
Subject: Working on bvp4c
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 07:22:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

As someone with a keen interest in mathematics and software development I am
interested in getting involved with Octave's development. As a starting
place I have been looking into the odepkg. It seems pretty comprehensive
apart from the bvp4c function
(http://octave.sourceforge.net/odepkg/function/bvp4c.html). The examples on
this webpage fail to run and, from previous discussions on this mailing
list, I am under the impression this function needs some work. This seems
like a good starting place for me.

The current specification for bvp4c is:

    bvp4c (odefun, bcfun, solinit).

In MATLAB solinit can be provided by the function:

    solinit = bvpinit(x, yinit, params)

However, in Octave, I am not aware of an analogous bvpinit. Is this
something that should be implemented before further work is done on bvp4c?

Best Regards,

Luke