Re: Octave-gui graphics problems

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Octave-gui graphics problems
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 15:36:55 -0400

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Vic Norton <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation, Dmitri. So it’s not just a Mac problem. That’s good to know (I guess). In any case, I can get along fine with the gnuplot-qt version of Octave. That does everything right for me.

Regards,

Vic

Vic,

"​GL2PS info: OpenGL feedback buffer overflow"
is not the problem-- see
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46417

​But if your octave is older than that it may still has this bug.

Dmitri.​

I was curious so I gave it a try.  Running v4.0.2 on Windows.  32bit, zip file installer on Windows 7.

the 20000 point script worked fine. the 30000 point version took a disproportionately long time, saved a file that looks ok but I can't verify that all 30000 points are there, but produced the following output:

>> print t2.pdf
GL2PS info: OpenGL feedback buffer overflow
GL2PS info: OpenGL feedback buffer overflow
GL2PS info: OpenGL feedback buffer overflow
GL2PS info: OpenGL feedback buffer overflow
GL2PS info: OpenGL feedback buffer overflow

So... from the fact that I got a file out can I assume that it eventually hit a satisfactory buffer size? Bug report mentions that buffer size doubles after each overflow. This set of warnings makes me wonder if something went wrong but doesn't inform me whether it all turned out alright. Might I suggest a 'buffer sufficiently expanded, all is well' message if it had to give the overflow warning in the first place?

Nick J.