Re: Octave-gui graphics problems

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave-gui graphics problems
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 20:04:17 -0400

> On Jun 9, 2016, at 6:10 AM, Vic Norton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello Octave maintainers from Vic at Norton dot name.
>
> I’m seeing graphics problems from my octave-gui/mac/homebrew installation. I
> have no way of telling whether these problems are universal or an artifact of
> my system. I’ll leave that up to you to decide. If these problems are
> universal, then the octave-gui graphics_toolkits qt and fltk are not ready
> for prime time.
>
> My single test script, “qtbug.m", is contained in the attached
>  octave-gui graphics problems on mac.zip (93.5 KB)
> See README.txt for further details.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vic
>
> <octave-gui graphics problems on mac.zip>

The crash report indicates implies that octave was built and installed by
Homebrew on you mac. Is that correct?

Sebastian and I have noticed that libs in /usr/local/lib may be used instead of
those installed via Homebrew. What does “ls -l /usr/local” return?

Have you tried the dmg now available on source-forge? The source forge apps
were built by Sebastian. If you also have trouble with the one from source
forge, I can make the one I built available for you to try.

Ben