Re: Octave-gui graphics problems

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Octave-gui graphics problems
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 22:27:56 -0500

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:

I think that this topic is better to move to the bug tracker
because your posts have pointed out some bugs in current octave.

​I can identify 3 issues here:

1) Text is not rotated in opengl terminals. This is a long standing bug:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33118

​2) Symbol color is not correct. it looks to me that ​"markeredgecolor" does not
work correctly with fltk/qt. Perhaps this is a new bug.

3) Printing of the plots with many points takes long time. This is an issue with gl2ps.
We could discuss what to do about that. One mitigation strategy would be to bypass
gl2ps when one saves to bitmap files (like png).

Tatsuro

​Dmitri.